Friday, October 12, 2012

I am thankful for my eyes!

 I've been playing soccer for almost 30 years and this is by far the worst injury I've ever had. A ball ricocheted from a shot off another player and straight into my eye.. I had no time to react and it literally hit my eyeball.  I fell to my knees but got up and got some ice and was looking for my contact (I think it stuck to the ball) cause I could never find it. I opened my eye and couldn't see except for a creamy color.  Sean picked me up and took me to the ER. Luckily Sean's mom was here visiting so she could stay home with the kids. Sean and I laughed and prayed at the same time all the way to the ER and he's so good at making bad situations seem ok. I was in the room with the doc for a minute and he was doing an eye test on me when I asked "Is this not good?" and he said "No, Im calling the opthamologist". What a panic!!! My mom and Sean stayed with me while we waited an hour for the opthamologist who was probably at home in bed. They tried to calm me down but I was in such a state of panic.  I mean this is my eye.  I need my eye..... My mom finally called my friend's mom Linda ("the big guns" "the professional prayer")
I was on the phone with her as she powerfully prayed for the opthamologist to have wisdom and to get there quick and for my eye to make a full recovery. In an instant I could see my mom's purse (blurry) but I felt a sense of calm. I see a handsome doctor with a briefcase (old school) and he is my doctor who did a thorough job looking at my eye and was very smart and knowledgable.  I had hyphema (which is bleeding of the eye). What a crazy night that ended up being but such a blessing in disguise.  I got to "see" a miracle happen and realize my distrust that I have in God even though I have a relationship with him and I pray to him.  I also got to have some great talks with my mom which was awesome and my mother in law who is a nurse took awesome care of me and my kids.  It's been a week and half and I was supposed to be on bed rest with taking lots of eye drops which has kept my left eye dialated and with blurry vision.  Then Maggie got the stomach flu and I prayed I wouldn't get it because it would strain my eye.
 Sean and I both didn't get the stomach flu thank goodness but my eye is taking a little bit longer to heal.  Maybe I need some rest from working out all the time.  Maybe I needed to spend more time resting instead of going.  But.... I am sooo thankful for my eyes!!!

Big change of subject....................
Picture 2:  picture of Maggie on the 1st day of Kindergarten.

My sensory issue kid exploring with finger paint.  This is his first time not getting upset by it on his fingers.
 How awesome is this black widow with her egg of babies?  It was in our front yard by our hose... Glad we caught it before the babies hatched.
Tough mudder in Tahoe where you get shocked, jump in an ice bath, and get muddy for almost 12 miles. It was awesome and fun and this was a week before my eye injury...

No comments: